Connect with us

Politics

Rochas Okorocha escapes death as gunmen kill Police Officer on his convoy

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

Former Imo state governor, senator Rochas Okorocha on Sunday disclosed that he escaped death when his convoy was attacked by gunmen.

Okorocha said even though he escaped unhurt, a police officer attached to him was killed by the assailants.

He said the incident occured at the Ihube community on the Okigwe- Enugu expressway which had been under siege by terrorists who had been killing and kidnapping people and travelers for ransom.

The former lawmaker said he was sad that his convoy could be attacked.

Okorocha who spoke at Amaimo in the Ikeduru Local Government Area of the state, at the birthday anniversary celebration of the Peoples Democratic Party candidate for the November 11 governorship election in Imo state, Samuel Anyanwu, said that the killing of the Police Officer was “unfortunate,” adding that he was returning from Enugu after attending the burial ceremony of the wife of a former senate president, Ken Nnamani when his convoy was attacked.

He said that the governor of Enugu state, Peter Mbah had released vehicles and security men to take him and his team to Imo state for the burial ceremony of Ihedioha’s mother and said it was after he had finished attending the funeral ceremony at Mbaise and the convey had dropped him at his Spilbat mansion in Owerri and was heading back to Enugu that they were attacked.

He also said that he was embittered because he was safe in Enugu only to be attacked and a security agent killed in his own state.

He said, “I am angry. I am very angry. I am angry because I spent two days in Enugu and nothing happened to me but it is in my own state that the convoy released to me by the governor of Enugu state (a very good man) to attend the burial ceremony of Ihedioha’s mother at Mbaise that I was attacked and one policeman killed.

“What is happening in Imo state makes  me angry. Many people who are running to govern Imo state are not capable but I have seen one man who the cap fits. When it is time I will speak.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

3,000 delegates to participate at PDP’s elective national convention

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

More than 3,000 delegates from the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, are expected to participate in the national elective convention of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, scheduled to hold November 14th and 15th 2025.

A statement by the party on Saturday said delegates and stakeholders are excited and ready for the historic event which it said would ensure that the one-party system agenda of the APC led federal government is checkmates.

“With just six days until the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s Elective National Convention in Ibadan, Oyo State, delegates, stakeholders, and millions of Nigerians are united in their resolve to rebuild the party, restore internal democracy, and deliver a resounding rejection of President Bola Tinubu’s desperate plot to impose a one-party state ahead of 2027.

“Tagged #Ibadan2025, the convention scheduled for November 14–15, 2025, at the prestigious Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba, will elect a new National Working Committee (NWC), affirm the Board of Trustees (BoT) under the authentic leadership of Senator Adolphus Wabara, and adopt a unified roadmap to rescue Nigeria from APC’s decade-long misrule.

“PDP is ready. Nigeria is ready,” declared Folarin Babalola, a member of the PDP in Ibadan, Oyo State. PDP delegates are coming out en masse to vote for true hope, not fear.”

“Over 3,000 delegates from the 36 states and FCT, including governors, National Assembly members, former ministers, and grassroots leaders, have confirmed attendance.

“Ibadan is ready to host the rebirth of Nigeria’s strongest opposition. We are not just electing officers – we are electing the conscience of a nation tired of hunger, insecurity, and state-sponsored opposition sabotage,” the statement said.

It listed key highlights of the convention to include:

• Full elective congress for all 18 NWC positions, including National Chairman, Secretary, and Publicity Secretary.

• Live broadcast on major TV stations. social media and digital platforms for transparency.

The statement said the PDP has also launched a nationwide #RejectOnePartyState campaign, mobilizing youths, women, and civil society to counter Tinubu’s use of federal might to fracture opposition parties.

“Nigerians will not allow a return to the dark days of one-party dictatorship. From Lagos to Maiduguri, the message is clear: 2027 is PDP’s to win,” it said.

Continue Reading

News

JEWEL OF THE CROWN: JONATHAN’S STRENGTH TO TURN THE 2027 TIDE

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

By Hon. Dahiru Yusuf Yabo

 

In the complex political pyramid of Nigeria heading toward 2027, one reality stands firm — the Presidential Candidate remains the jewel of the crown. It is the single factor capable of redefining alliances, reviving hope, and restoring the fading balance between North and South. At the heart of this dynamic stands Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, whose quiet strength and enduring credibility have once again become the greatest fear of the ruling class.

South: Reclaiming the Emotional Geography

In a straight Jonathan versus Tinubu contest, the three southern geopolitical zones present a clear electoral advantage for Jonathan.

The South-South remains his unshakable bastion — emotionally, politically, and historically tied to his leadership era that promoted inclusion and dignity.

The South-East views him as a trusted ally who gave the region recognition, ministerial balance, and infrastructural fairness, unlike the symbolic neglect of recent years.

In the South-West, while Tinubu may command traditional roots, the socio-economic backlash of his government, coupled with rising disillusionment among intellectuals, professionals, and youth, could grant Jonathan a minimum of 25% or more — a figure strong enough to upset the ruling APC’s southern monopoly.

This pattern suggests that the South, long divided by ambition and propaganda, may rediscover unity under a familiar and humbler face — one that offers not power for its own sake, but peace and recovery.

North: A Renewed Covenant of Trust

In the North, a new political psychology is unfolding. The fear and resentment once engineered against Jonathan have faded under the weight of insecurity, poverty, and unkept promises. From Sokoto to Borno, from Kano to Bauchi, there is a quiet nostalgia for the Jonathan years — years when Nigeria, though imperfect, still held moral direction and collective dignity.

Both Muslims and Christians in the North increasingly view Jonathan as a moderate unifier, not an adversary. His humility and post-office composure have earned him trust across divides. Many Northern leaders now admit privately that the nation’s moral compass tilted downward after his exit. Hence, if Jonathan stands on the ballot in 2027, the North is likely to vote for peace over pride, and stability over sentiment.

APC’s Fear and Judicial Preemption

The APC’s judicial panic to bar Jonathan from contesting the 2027 Presidential Election — even before his declaration — is a political confession. It reveals a deep-seated fear that Jonathan’s return could dismantle the fragile regional alliances that brought Tinubu to power. It also exposes APC’s awareness that, in an open field of fairness, Tinubu cannot survive a Jonathan challenge.

Their preemptive legal maneuver is therefore not about constitutionality but insecurity of legitimacy. For a ruling party that promised renewed hope, the desperation to silence an opponent before the race begins shows that its so-called strength lies in manipulation, not confidence.

The Crown Jewel of Balance

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan today represents more than a politician — he embodies a national conscience. His potential return to the ballot symbolizes a moral and generational correction to Nigeria’s present imbalance. Between religion and ethnicity, between arrogance and humility, between noise and reason — Jonathan stands as the bridge of moderation.

Should he choose to run, 2027 may not just be an election year — it could be the rebirth of Nigeria’s democratic equilibrium, where power returns to merit, and leadership regains humanity. In the Political Pyramid 2027, therefore, Jonathan is the crown jewel capable of turning the tide, reviving trust, and restoring faith in the idea of one Nigeria.

Dahiru Yusuf Yabo
Political & Security Analyst
RED-LINE 2027

Continue Reading

News

SDP expels El Rufai, bans him for 30 years

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

The Social Democratic Party, SDP, has expelled for Kaduna State gov rnir, Nasir El Rufai and banned from returning to the party for 49 years.

Announcing his expulsion, SDP’s National Working Committee, NWC, said the action was in line with the party’s constitution, ideology, manifesto, principles, and practices, as well as in consonance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Electoral Act pertaining to the exclusive right of a political party to determine its membership.

A statement by the party’s spokesman, Araba Rufus Aiyenigba, warned members against associating with El-Rufai and those who don’t represent its interest.

Parts of the statement read: “El-Rufai is hereby banished and banned from applying for membership, identifying with the name, insignia, logo, symbol, mark, or any activities, organs, agencies, and institutions of the SDP or donating to, supporting, contributing to, or participating in any affairs of the SDP for a period of 30 years effective from today.”

El Rufai joined SDP after quiting the All Progressives Congress, APC following the senate’s rejection of his ministerial nomination and faceoff with Kaduna State Governor.

Consequently, El Rufai, without resigning from DSP, went ahead to form a coalition under the African Democratic Congress, with other politicians in the opposition, including former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, former Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi, former Transportation minister, Rotimi Amaechi and others.

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending