Entertaiment
Music legend Akon arrested in Georgia
Music legend and Grammy nominated singer Akon was arrested in Georgia on November 7 after a bench warrant was issued for his failure to appear in court over driving with a suspended license, authorities have confirmed.
The Chamblee Police Department arrested the 52 year old artist, whose legal name is Aliaune Thiam, after automated license plate recognition cameras alerted officers that a vehicle registered to someone with an outstanding warrant was present at Tint World, an automotive styling business on Chamblee Dunwoody Road. Akon was booked into DeKalb County Jail just after noon and released approximately six hours later after being transferred to Roswell Police custody.
The arrest stems from a September 10 incident when Roswell police responded to Akon’s Tesla Cybertruck stranded on the roadside with a dead battery. While arranging for a tow truck, the responding officer ran a check on the vehicle’s registration and discovered that Akon’s driver’s license had been suspended since January 2, 2023, due to failure to appear in court. The vehicle was impounded, and Akon received a citation for driving with a suspended license before being released from the scene.
Police reports obtained by local news outlets indicate that during the September traffic stop, officers initially found no active insurance listed for the Cybertruck, though Akon later provided proof of coverage. The report also noted that an illegal vape device was discovered in the vehicle’s center console and was seized for destruction.
Despite receiving the citation in September, Akon failed to appear for the scheduled court hearing, prompting authorities to issue a bench warrant for his arrest. When Chamblee police located him at the automotive business on November 7, the singer complied with officers’ orders and was taken into custody without incident. During the arrest, police searched Akon and found no weapons or contraband on his person, according to the incident report.
Akon was transferred from the DeKalb County Jail to Roswell Police Department custody, where he was processed and released after posting bail the same day. Authorities have not disclosed the bail amount or announced any additional charges beyond the original suspended license violation. His mugshot shows the singer wearing a black hoodie with an expressionless demeanor during booking procedures.
Entertaiment
Junior Pope had no peace in marriage before his death, actress Esther Nwachukwu reveals
Before his death, Nollywood actor, Junior Odonwodo, popularly known as Junior Pope was in a terrible marital situation as his wife was always giving him trouble.
Esther Nwachukwu, an actress, made the revelation, adding that the late actor confided in her about his marital issues before his death on April 10, 2024.
Recall that Esther recently criticised Pope’s wife for attending a social event, saying she should have mourned her husband for at least six months or one year.
Shortly after his death, some persons, including social media personality, Very Dark Man, had alleged that Pope had stated that he was going through some issues he wanted to share with the public.
Esther Nwachukwu told Saturday Beats that- “When Junior Pope was alive, the wife never gave him peace. She disturbed him a lot. I actually dated Junior Pope, and I still have his name tattooed on my body. While we were together (dating), he told me how his wife used to disturb him. But, one thing about him is that he likes to trend. He would be going through a lot, but would still come on social media to post (pictures and videos of) his family. From December 2023, he stopped posting (pictures of) his wife like before. That was when they started having issues. Sometimes, he wouldn’t sleep in his house, but would rather stay in hotels.
“I am sure some people who were close to him knew about it. But, because he had painted himself as a good husband online, he did not know how to tell people about his issues. That was why he died in silence.”
Nwachukwu said, “A grieving wife wouldn’t have come out barely two months after the death of her husband. She came out and acted like all was well, and because many Nigerians like eye service, she decided to dress in black, so people would think she was mourning. A young widow is not supposed to just go about her business like that. We all know she isn’t hungry, because there is money. Nigerians are good at sympathising with people, and I know they must have helped her in so many ways.”
Entertaiment
Why I presented key of my new car to Mother Mary-Actress Ruby Orjiakor
Nollywood actress Ruby Ojiakor recently presented the key of her new car to Mother Mary at the grotto of her church.
The action sparked social media reaction with many of her fans hailing her while others described the move as idolatry.
But the sensational movie star explained her reaction in a post saying it was in appreciation of God’s benevolence to her.
In a video she posted on her Instagram page, Ruby, a devout Catholic was seen appreciating the mother of Jesus for the new car as she presented her key to her.
In her caption, she made it known that God is her only source as she noted how she believes, trusts and now has received from the Master of all Masters.
“My Father in Heaven, You blessed me, and the whole world saw it” That’s why I will never be ashamed to showcase you to the whole world and also to see.
“GOD IS MY ONLY SOURCE
Put all your trust in HIM”, and HE will never let you down…
I believed I trusted, and I received from the MASTER” of all masters,
THANK YOU, JESUS CHRIST
THANK YOU, MOTHER MARY
A grateful heart.
JESUS I LOVE YOU”.
Entertaiment
Nollywood actor among kidnappers killed by Police in Lagos
Prince Henry Ode a Port Harcourt based upcoming actor, has been identified as one of the nine kidnappers recently killed by Police in Lagos State.
The Lagos State Police Command on July 5th killed a nine-man suspected kidnap gang within the State.
The command’s Special Squad One Team had confirmed that the feat was achieved when it engaged the men around the Ajao, Okota, Isolo, and Ladipo axis of the State.
According to reports, five AK-47 rifles and two SUV jeeps were recovered during the operations.
Sharing photos of Ode, popular film producer and former Chief Executive Officer of Best of Nollywood (BON), Seun Oloketuyi, via his Instagram on Monday, said the fast-rising actor was amongst the gang of kidnappers killed during the shoot-out in Ladipo.
Seun further shared a video of Ode, who’s also an executive producer with prominent Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie.
He captioned the post, “Ason Rich executive Producer is said to be the Ring Leader of the Kidnap gang that were shot dead in Lagos with a Port Harcourt based rising Actor. They were part of those killed in the Ladipo shooting according to reports. More details as Police briefs the media soon”.
-
News2 years agoBreaking: Tinubu’s authentic ministerial nominees
-
News9 months agoSenate to speed up conclusion of Nigeria Forest Security Service Bill
-
News2 years ago“Anytime we want to kill terrorists, President would ask us to take permission from France but they were killing our soldiers-” Niger Republic coup leader
-
News2 years ago“I’m leaving the Catholic church because Bishop Onah is oppressing me,” says Okunerere
-
News2 years agoRadio Nigeria’s veteran broadcaster Kelvin Ugwu dies three months after retirement from service
-
News2 years agoDokpesi and the Gazebo Mystique
-
News2 years agoTsunami: Tinubu orders dissolution of managements, boards of MDAs, to sack all Buhari’s political appointees
-
News2 years agoPersons against Allagoa’s reforms behind protests at NSITF
