Connect with us

News

I was not kidnapped, my wife acted their script- SSG George Nweke

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

Dr. George Nweke, River State Head of Service, who resigned from office last week, has denied claims by his wife, Florence, that he was kidnapped.

Nwaeke stated that contrary to her assertion, he is safe in Abuja where he had gone to voluntarily report himself to security agencies over developments in Rivers State.

In a video released in the early hours of Saturday, the former HoS dismissed his wife’s claim as false, suggesting that she had been misled and given a script to read.

“I am in TRANSCORP Abuja. I arrived this morning from Port Harcourt to meet security agencies and report myself, as well as the troubling events happening in Rivers State. I resigned as Head of Service on Monday because of these developments,” he said.

Addressing his wife’s claims, he added, “I just saw a video of my wife trending. She was told I had been kidnapped and given a script to read. I want to make it clear—I am not kidnapped. I am in Abuja, working.

“When I was Head of Service, my wife was not involved in my official duties. That script she read is null and void. I am safe and sound. I will report myself to the appropriate security agencies because Abuja houses their headquarters, and I feel safer making my report here.”

Florence, in an emotional interview on Friday, expressed deep concern over her husband’s whereabouts following his resignation. She was seen in another video on different sides with Fubara, begging the suspended governor to do something about my husband’s kidnap while Fubara in response asked why the husband lied against him- “After all I have done for you people.”

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

INEC rejects petition to recall Natasha

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

A petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central District, Natasha Ajpoti-Uduagban, has been rejected by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

The Commission in a statement on Thursday said that the petition did not meet the requirements for recalling a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Commission recently formally received a petition from constituents of Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, calling for the commencement of her recall process.

The Secretary to the Commission, Rose Oriaran-Anthony, received the petition which was submitted at INEC’s headquarters in Abuja on Monday.

Natasha, who represents Kogi central in the Senate, is currently on suspension for allegedly flouting the Senate rules.

According to the petitioners, over 250,000 constituents’ signed the petition, out of about 480,000 registered voters in the senatorial district.

The petition was titled _Constituents’ Petition for the Recall of Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan on Grounds of Loss of Confidence’.

In a brief statement on Thursday, the Commission said, “The petition for the recall of the Senato representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria 1999 (as amended).”

Details later….

 

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Six simple steps to avoid stroke

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

According to health experts, these are some steps you can take to reduce the risk of having stroke

1. Avoid smoking

Experts say the most important thing to do to improve brain health is to quit smoking cigarettes and vapes.

Apart from accelerating brain aging and increasing the risk for dementia, smoking causes damage to blood vessel walls in the brain and reduces overall oxygen levels due to the carbon monoxide in tobacco – making the body more prone to having a stroke.

2. Reduce blood sugar levels

High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) is a significant risk factor for stroke as it can damage blood vessels, which can lead to blood clots that travel to the brain.

Over time, excessive blood glucose can result in increased fatty deposits or clots in blood vessels. These clots can narrow or block blood vessels in the brain.

3. Maintain a healthy weight and diet

Being overweight and eating unbalanced meals can significantly amplify risks for having a stroke. Carrying too much weight increases your risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol and Type 2 diabetes – all of which can damage blood cells, impact oxygen levels and contribute to higher stroke risk.

4. Regular Exercise

You need regular exercise to stay healthy and avoid stroke. Exercise should be spread evenly over four to five days a week, or every day. Do strengthening activities, usually more than two days per week.

5. Get Enough Sleep

While not a direct cause, poor sleep and sleep disorders, especially sleep apnea, are linked to an increased risk of stroke, potentially due to inflammation, reduced oxygen levels and blood flow to the brain.

The risk of stroke symptoms is four times greater among individuals who slept fewer than six hours a night compared to individuals who reported seven to eight hours of sleep a night.

However, experts also warn that ‘Too much sleep is also associated with increased stroke risk, so try to stay as active as possible so you can sleep as well as possible.’

6. Regular Checkup

You are expected to go for overall medical checkup regularly to ensure really detection and treatment of I’ll health.

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Netanyahu ignores ICC warrant, arrives in Hungary

Published

on

Please Kindly Share This Story

Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister, arrived in Budapest early morning on Thursday, marking his first visit to Europe since 2023, despite an International Criminal Court (ICC) arrest warrant against him.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban invited Netanyahu last November, promising Hungary would not enforce the ICC arrest warrant, which he called politically motivated.

The ICC issued arrest warrants for Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, accusing them of crimes against humanity and war crimes, including using starvation as a weapon towards Palestinians in Israel’s war against Hamas in Gaza.

Hamas is recognized as a terrorist organization by the US, the EU, and Israel, among others.

Hungary’s Defense Minister Kristof Szalay-Bobrovniczky received Netanyahu at the airport with military honours.

Orban is expected to back Netanyahu on US President Donald Trump’s plan to relocate Palestinians from Gaza. That plan has been criticized by UN experts as ethnic cleansing.

Experts say Netanyahu is strategically visiting countries where he faces no risk of arrest, aiming to gradually normalize his international travel.

In February, Germany’s chancellor-in-waiting Friedrich Merz said he will find “ways and means” for Netanyahu to visit Germany.

 

Continue Reading

Trending